*Price is for one piece
Sage smudging is an ancient practice that is commonly used for healing, ceremonial, and energy clearing purposes. The use of white sage is a 2,000 year old practice originating from the Indigenous Americans. Shamans used dried sage plants on their fires as a ritual cleansing - conflict, anger, illness, or evil was absorbed by the sage smoke and released from the energy field of a person.
While it may be an ancient practice, smudging still holds relevance in the world today. This technique is easy to incorporate into your daily or weekly routine, or any time you feel like you might need a little extra re-centering. Times when you might want to sage smudge include:
- Moving into a new living space
- Beginning a new job
- Before or after a yoga session
- Before or after guests are in your home
- Before meditation
- After an argument, bad experience, or illness
How to Sage Cleanse:
- Place your sage bundle on a heat-proof surface like an abalone shell or a ceramic dish.
- Light the bundle by holding a flame to it until it begins to smoke. Blow on the bundle until it is just embers and smoke - no flame is needed here!
- Once smoke is coming from the bundle, use your hand or feather to direct smoke over your body from your feet to your head. Visualize the smoke carrying away any negativity from your life.
- After smudging your body, move through your space. Wave the smoke into corners of rooms, across doorways, and throughout each room. Repeat the same visualization of the smoke taking away and clearing negativity from each room.
- When you are finished, allow the sage bundle to burn out gently or stamp it out in your shell or heat-proof dish.